Monday, April 6, 2015

In Angela Barnes and Christine Laird blog, The Effects of Social Media on Children , they believe these are the aspects 

Five aspects of the use of social media:

  • not many restrictions on creatively expressing oneself
  • easy way to share information
  • informal support of other’s work
  • general understanding and respect of other people’s forms of expression
  • an alternative way of socializing (Chau, 2010)

 On Singyin Lee's blog, 5 Effects Social Networks Have On You , he states there is 5 effects social networking.

  • Parents who connect with their parents on social media have a a better connection with them even offline.
  • If you love yourself then you love social networking.
  • Then you have the harmful side of social media where it says you are more prone to depression,lower grades,psychological disorders,and future health problems.
  • A quick 5 minute check of Facebook can boost self-esteem of others.
  • Social Media could get you mixed up with the wrong people.


Social Media has had a big effective impact on my life. Since I grew up when Social networking was a big hit from Facebook,Twitter,Instagram, and My Space. Even when I had to do a research paper instead of  checking a book out of the library, I got on the internet and google it and found information on my topic. Social media is a good think I can keep up with my family that lives out of state on Facebook and Instagram, because I hardly get to see them other wise.




1 comment:

  1. I agree that social networking has had a positive impact on lives. It is good that it allows you to keep up with your family that you rarely get to see. It is always good to keep up with what is going on in the real world

    ReplyDelete